Wednesday 30 June 2010

New Forest final piece

here is a finished piece from when I visited the New Forest last weekend. a pair of Black-headed Gulls, a hawking Hobby, several dragonflies, a distant Buzzard and a Sand Martin I randonly added in to fill up the page. based on sketches in post 1 on here.

it gradually evolved from this into what you see below



this piece was done in pen and acrylic

Also, here is a brief sketch of one of the Pied Wagtails I've seen around my school recently, filled in with felt-tip pen


and I also think photography can count as an art if done properly, and here are some photos I have taken recently (dedicated to Username of BF if you're out there somewhere mate :) )

a white spider tackling a hoverfly




and some macro pictures of water on the roof of the extension, which I can climb onto from my bedroom. for some reason the only word that comes into my head when I look at this is 'vortex'. it all looks mysterious, thick and treacle-like to me, and shows how, at a minute level, the world around us is full of such wonders as a few drops of water.



more viscous water




and I felt like God by creating my own mini-waterfall!

sorry about all the random photos but they make me feel arty and I feel hlep to improve the actual art!

adios

Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment